Anime Studio 5 is now out from efrontier (makers of Poser). 2 flavours – standard and pro. USD49 and USD 199.
EDIT: Just posted a mini review as a comment on this software below. (It’s actually a little dissapointing).
- Bone-Based Animation Technology – Using Anime Studio’s bone rigging system, you can add a skeleton to any image by simple point and click, then bring it to life!
- Ready to Use Content – Choose from pre-made Anime style characters or create your own using Anime Studio’s drawing and coloring tools.
- Import Your Own Artwork – Import 2D imagery, 3D imagery or video files.
- Vector Graphics – Resize your images with no loss in quality using Anime Studio’s vector-based layer system.
- Intuitive Timeline – Anime Studio interpolates through your Timeline so you avoid the tedium of frame-by-frame drawing and save time.
- Audio Support – Add audio soundtracks to your animations. Anime Studio supports WAV and AIFF formats.
- Adobe Photoshop Integration – Import layered PSD files using a Photoshop plug-in that converts files to Anime Studio format, included free with Anime Studio.
- Pen Tablet Support – Draw naturally with a pen tablet and recreate the sensation of drawing on paper.
- Publish for Multiple Media – Output your animations to video, TV, and web formats.