Were you DESTINED to be a great designer from birth?
Good question – and here’s one theory on the whole right/left brain thing and a way of testing your brain. I recently remembered a great episode of Catalyst on the abc (Australia) which reported on the theory of brain switching, claiming that our brains are pre-programmed. Scientists, monks, artists all have distinctive rates at which the brain can swap activity from right to left brain and vice versa. We can all do this, but the results may be more pronounced between highly “CREATIVE” and highly “LOGICAL” brains. One of the claims is that the ‘switch rate’ may be predetermined from birth and affect our careers…
I thought I’d reproduce the test here (which is an cool illusion – and I remember being quite surprised how the dots REALLY dissapeared).
AFTER YOU FINISH THE TEST BELOW…
POST YOUR CREATIVE POSITION AND RESULTS PLEASE in the comments field!!!
SAMPLE: This is a pretty cool illusion when full screen
WHAT TO DO: (Read this before you start)
* Get a pen and paper.
* Time the test for 30 seconds.
* Concentrate on the top left yellow dot. As you stare at this dot, the other dots will begin to disappear. Each time all three dots re-appear, tick the paper.
* Stop after 30 seconds.
Take The Test! ******CLICK HERE *****
* If you scored between 4 and 6, your brain switch rate is average.
* If you scored more than 6, your brains switch rate is fast, like a dancer.
* If you scored less than 4, your brain switch rate is slow, like a mathematicians.
The orginal ABC story on brain switching can be found here.
The original test can be found here: (I borrowed their gif and resized it for effect – hope they don’t mind!)
Remember to post your results! Thanks